Last Friday, Tonya Reaves, a 24-year-old woman, entered a Chicago Planned Parenthood to have a second trimester abortion. That means that she was at least 12 weeks pregnant. At that stage, her unborn child would have had all the organs and body parts in place and just needed time to grow. Tragically, neither Tonya or her baby would survive their abortion ordeal.
Tonya died of heavy bleeding, which was deemed the result of her cervical dilation and evacuation abortion (it is just like it sounds: the cervix is opened and the baby is evacuated, piece by piece.) Planned Parenthood declares up and down that these “procedures” are completely safe. Tell that to Tonya’s grieving family.
Early this week, even before Tonya was buried, President Obama called for more tax funding for Planned Parenthood. He told a crowd in Portland, Oregon: “Mr. Romney wants to get rid of funding for Planned Parenthood. I think that’s a bad idea. I’ve got two daughters. I want them to control their own health care choices.” In response, Troy Newman of Operation Rescue stated, “When Tonya Reaves walked into that Planned Parenthood … last Friday, she completely lost control over her ‘health care choices’ as well as her life. She did not choose to die. Planned Parenthood took that choice from her.”
I highly doubt that either of the Obama girls will ever step foot into a Planned Parenthood. Nor should they. It is not a place I would want to see anyone’s daughter going to for ‘healthcare’ or anything else. In case you are wondering why, let me spell them out for you:
1. Of course, for me the most important reason is that Planned Parenthood is the number one abortion provider in the United States. In 2010, they did 329,445 abortions, which provided 40% of its income.
2. Groups like Live Action have caught Planned Parenthood personnel counseling minors how to lie about their over-age boyfriends; assuring pimps that they would “take care” of their sex slaves without reporting them to the authorities; instructed women on how to procure a sex selection abortion and on and on and on. Bottom line: performing abortions is more important to them than the law or the rights or safety of the individual.
3. A rising number of former employees have come forward stating that Planned Parenthood is guilty of cheating Medicaid out of millions of dollars. Friends, that is money right out of our pockets!
4. As for “comprehensive healthcare,” one will not find it at Planned Parenthood. Most of their offices do not have a physician present during normal business hours. They mostly provide screenings, sending anyone with any symptoms on to centers which truly provide “comprehensive” care.
The bottom line is that if it is birth control or abortions that you want, Planned Parenthood is the place for you. Of course, that is if you don’t care about things like integrity or truth. Or obeying the law. Or about scruples. Or anything else good or noble for that matter.
Do you consider yourself pro-life? Are you still wondering who to vote for in November? Here are a few facts about our president that I think you should consider:
- In 2011, the state of Indiana decided to stop providing state funds for Planned Parenthood. The Obama administration told the state that unless they restored the funding they would pull $4.3 billion in Medicaid funding from the state.
-Later in 2011, New Hampshire voted to remove funding from PP. The Obama administration directly sent them the funds (your tax money!) to make up for what they lost from the state.
-In March of this year, Obama pulled $30 million in Medicaid waiver funds from Texas after the state legislature voted to defund PP.
-This month, the Obama administration did the same thing in Tennessee as they did in New Hampshire: they provided government money to make up for the funds which the state had just voted to remove from PP.
- Also this month, Governor Christie of New Jersey vetoed state funding of PP. Again, the federal government swooped in with our money and gave PP $3.1 million.
-And, third time being a charm, just this week the Obama administration gave PP of North Carolina $426,000 in federal grants to make up for the funds which that state had just denied them.
Troy Newman, of Operation Rescue, made a comparison between Tonya Reaves and Trayvon Martin, the young African-American who was shot and killed in Florida, and for whom such an outcry was raised: “Apparently for Mr. Obama, a Black man who is killed by a white man is worthy of justice, but a Black woman killed by a campaign contributor (PP has given millions to Obama’s campaign) is something that we should give no regard.” He makes a sobering point.
Personally, I have never felt such an urgency to see anyone removed from office as I do with President Obama. He is a radical supporter of abortion on demand. If he is acting with such boldness with an election looming in November, what will he be like without the restraint of public opinion? I am terrified at the thought. Fortunately, I know that God is on the throne and that prayer is a powerful weapon against such evil.
Believe me, I am praying with fervor and diligence. Are you?
Keeping it true! Barb